Pregnancy After a Loss: A Guide to Pregnancy
After a Miscarriage, Stillbirth or Infant Death
Carol Cirulli Lanhan
A 'must-have' guide for the devastated couple dealing with the many questions and fears that
occur with a subsequent pregnancy."
Candace Hurley, Executive Director/Founder, Sidelines
National Support Network
For a woman who has experienced a miscarriage, stillbirth, or the death of an infant,
conceiving another child can be fraught with mixed emotions. This guide, filled with up-to-
date medical information and written by a woman who herself experienced a successful pregnancy
after the loss of her first baby, can help women cope with their anxiety. It offers guidance
for women asking such questions as:
* Why did it happen--and how can I make sure it doesn't happen again?
* Will my next pregnancy be considered high-risk?
* How long should I wait before getting pregnant again?
* What can I expect at prenatal exams?
* Will I ever be able to love another baby as much as I love the one I lost?
Pregnancy after a loss can be a time of great emotional upheaval--but also, a time of healing
and hope. With this sensible, sensitive guide, women can put their minds at ease--and learn to
look forward to the future as they make peace with the past.
Through GriefNet and help support our work.
Browse Our Bookstore
GriefNet Home Page|
First Page of This Section